Lifts for underground and overground stations
The high levels of daily passenger use characteristic of the mass transport railway systems common in large cities for innercity travel and communication with their suburban areas demand very high-specification lift systems, which we at IMEM have a wealth of experience in designing and manufacturing over many years.
Independently of whether the lift systems are electric, with or without a machine room or hydraulic, we are well-versed in the design and manufacture of lifts for underground stations suitable for people with reduced mobility, vandal-resistant, fire-resistant, water-resistant – and many other specifications to suit the relevant standards and regulations.
- Every lift we design and produce to be installed in underground or overground stations is made to measure - there is no standard model. Each is built according to the criteria established by the customer, the consultant or the architect in charge of the particular project.Juan Gómez Cobo R+D engineer. IMEM Lifts.
- We develop full advanced maintenance plans.
- We manufacture all types of special lifts which range from heavy load to inclined elevators able to hold up to 200 kg every 10 square centimetres, featuring different kinds of highly effective vandal resistant fixtures.
- We manufacture lifts with a wide range of control and monitoring possibilities.
- We are specialists in customized solutions.
Solutions introduced and under development.
- The study of new algorithms and traffic flow patterns corresponding to mass transport.
- The improvement of lift waiting times and travel times.
- Artificial Intelligence. Adaptation to passenger use characteristics.
- Calculation of the number of lifts and lift car size best suited to the traffic flow characteristics of each particular station.
- Managing the traffic of those having different access rights to different parts of the building.
- Ease of evacuation: the movement of people, control of traffic and means of communication in line with regulations regarding evacuation in general and in case of fire and earthquake. Use of one or more of the lifts in the building for the
- Transport of specialised personnel (firefighters, trained evacuation teams etc.).
- Destination control. Despatcher systems using mobile phones, RFID identity cards, passenger facial recognition systems etc.